Sharps Container Disposal
Sharps Disposal At Home
Many people who have diabetes or chronic diseases that require injections at home also have a need for this red box. Sharps of any type, even those used in a home, should never be thrown away in the trash. They should be kept separate from normal household garbage and disposed of through a professional company. For household sharps disposal options call 801-897-2699.
Proper sharps management requires:
- Proper puncture-proof container
- Care from the medical community
- Proper training for dealing with sharps
- A licensed medical waste disposal company for container removal
What makes sharps containers different?
- Labeled Biohazard Waste
- Spill-Proof Star Shaped Opening at Top
- Shatter and Puncture Proof Material
We must dispose of sharps carefully to:
- Reduce pollution to the environment
- Prevent injury
- Prevent the spread of disease